from 4 to 6 September 2017,
at Yokohama Port Opening Memorial Hall, Yokohama, Japan
- 28 Aug: Final programme, abstract, and participant list are available.
- 28 Aug: Print Map of surrounding area for walking, taxi etc.
- 3 Aug: Presentation guideline is indicated.
- 25 Jul: Programme (ver 1.5, near final) is available.
- 25 Jul: The dinner on 5 Sep will be at Yokohama Marine Tower Hall.
- 8 Jun: Abstract submission closed.
- 20 May: Confirmed invited speakers: Professor Urlich Platt (Uni Heidelberg), and Dr. Ryunosuke Kazahaya (AIST, Japan).
Dr. Kazahaya will give a talk on "DOAS and volcanology".
- 2 May: IGAC endorsed the workshop!
- 7 Apr:
The workshop is dedicated to recent advances in the DOAS (Differential Optical Absorption Spectroscopy) research, from instrumental and algorithmic developments to applications in various fields of atmospheric research. Contributions - oral and poster presentations - about the following topics are particularly welcome:
- New concepts and related technologies (e.g. UAVs, Imaging DOAS, Cavity DOAS, 3D MAX-DOAS, DIAL)
- Progress in DOAS analysis (including spectral inversion and profiling techniques)
- Improvements in radiative transfer simulations (e.g., aerosol and cloud applications and their impact on trace gas retrievals)
- Improvements in satellite retrievals, preparations for upcoming missions (e.g. S5P/TROPOMI)
- Observations from various platforms (e.g. ground-based, cars, aircraft, balloons, satellites, ships, UAVs), their synergistic use, comparisons with chemical transport model simulations, data assimilation
- Network development (e.g. NDACC, PANDORA, NOVAC, MADRAS, SKYNET) and harmonization (e.g., intercomparison campaigns such as CINDI-2)
- DOAS and atmospheric/geo chemistry (e.g. air pollution monitoring, volcanic studies, flux investigations, stratospheric chemistry, carbon cycle, halogen chemistry)
Yugo Kanaya (JAMSTEC), Hitoshi Irie (Chiba Univ.), Hisahiro Takashima (Fukuoka Univ.), Masato Nodzu (JAMSTEC), Masako Wallwork (JAMSTEC)